Sunday, December 28, 2008

Day One

Today is the first day of my project. I put all of my courage together, took Red Line Train (Chicago Transit System) to Monroe station (Downtown Chicago), walked in the Blick Art Materials store and got all the stuff I've been missing to start this thing going.

Security guy was watching me all the time I was in there. Do I look like a person that will lift watercolor pencils? Must be my White Sox hat that got him worried.

Here are the supplies. All of this came out to be around 50 bucks. I could've made my own board, but I figured I'll buy it just to get rid of the excuses to procrastinate even longer.

  • Drawing Board
  • Eraser
  • WaterColor Pencils (to sketch stuff)
  • Graphite Pencils
  • Paper
  • Sketch Paper
  • Thumbtacks
  • "Standard" Cutter
  • Long Metal Ruler (to cut against and measure stuff)

Then...

Then I came up with a still life set up. HP Pavilion vs. Coke... No really it's deeper than that. It represents the clash of modern and classic corporations. I'll explain it more as I paint this.

So I made a couple of sketches. One in color and
one in graphite.


















I should probably use scanner next time...

2 comments:

  1. Hello !
    Hai !
    Nin Hao !
    Genki Desuka !


    I'd like to invite you to become a friend of mine.
    You can email me at :

    - etenaly_79@yahoo.com
    - eternity_79@telkom.net

    Or, you can visit my site at :
    - st-remy79.blogspot.com
    - profiles.friendster.com/22703351
    - eternally79.blogspot.com
    - eternallife79.blogspot.com
    - eternallylife79.blogspot.com
    - eternity79x.multiply.com
    - iklaniklanmurah.blogspot.com
    - remysingal.multiply.com

    And also, You can SMS me at :
    +62 - 87877373118
    (Indonesia Country Zone : 08787 7373 118)


    Peace & Love,


    Remy A Singal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh -- nice intro into what you're doing. It's interesting to see the work you've had to put in just to start.

    ReplyDelete