Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 15: Brick Wall in the Morning.

I had to wake up unusually early for me today, around 6:00 AM (I sleep in till 2:00 PM otherwise), I looked out of my window and one striking difference in what i saw flashed in my brain - old dirty smoked brick wall of my neighbours' house that blocks all the light coming to my room was brightly lit with a morning sunshine. It appeared almost golden in a clear frozen air. I made a quick sketch in pen while figuring out how I can show the brick texture of the wall. A thick cloud of white steam was coming out of the pipes sticking from the neighbour's basement. That was harder to portray, so if I'll have to get up early on a cold Chicago morning again, I will certainly try to paint this cloud. Luckily my neighbor uses laundry drier almost every day.


Brick wall (5.5" x 8.5")
P.S.
Dimensions for the paintings are updated.

2 comments: